Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences
Raebareli Road, Lucknow 226014
Tele: +91 522-2494029, 2494009 Fax: +91 522 2668129/2668017
(Advertisement No. I-61 / ER / ACAD / 2015-16)
The Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow invites applications on prescribed form for the positions of Professors, Additional Professors, Associate Professors and Assistant Professors in its various departments as follows:
6.Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery
8.Endocrinology (Clinical) Endocrinology (Basic Scientist)
9.Urology (Basic Scientist)
11.Surg Gastroenterology (Liver transplant unit)
13.Medical Genetics (Clinical) Medical Genetics (Basic Scientist)
18.Hematology (Clinical /BMT) Hematology ( Lab )
19.Biostatistics & Health Informatics
23.Maternal & Reproductive Health
24.Plastic Surgery & Burns
25.Molecular Medicine & Biotechnology*
*Subject to approval by / orders of competent body / Hon’ble High Court
** For this position, a person may be considered for a post either of Associate Professor or of Additional Professor
Total No.of vacancy : 66
Pay scales :
1.Assistant Professor : PB-3, Rs.15600-39100 + academic grade pay of Rs.8000
2.Associate Professor : PB-4, Rs. 37400-67000 + academic grade pay of Rs.9000
3.Additional Professor : PB-4,Rs 37400-67000 + academic grade pay of Rs.9500
4.Professor : PB-4, Rs. 37400-67000 + academic grade pay of Rs.10,500
(In addition, applicable non-practising allowance (to clinically qualified candidates) and other allowances as
per the Institute rules will be paid. New pension scheme of the government will be applicable)
General Conditions :
• Applicants may also be considered for appointment on contractual basis or on deputation.
• Incomplete applications will not be considered and will be treated as cancelled.
• Advance applications will be accepted but a copy forwarded through proper channel or a ‘no objection certificate’ from the current employer must be submitted before the date of interview.
• The number of posts indicated is provisional and subject to change without prior notice.
• Selections may not be held for all the advertised posts.
• Director of the Institute reserves the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reason. All disputes will be subject to the jurisdiction of the Lucknow bench of Hon’ble High Court of Judicature at Allahabad.
How To Apply :
• Application form is available at Institute’s website (http://www.sgpgi.ac.in). Completed form should be sent, with copies of proofs of educational/academic qualifications, experience, testimonials, research publications, etc, as indicated therein, along with an application fee via a demand draft / bankers’ cheque of Rs. 1000 (Rupees one thousand only) for applicants in India and US$ 100 or an equivalent amount for those abroad, in favour of ‘Director, SGPGI, Lucknow, Academic Account’, payable at State Bank of India (IFS code SBIN0007789) SGPGI, Lucknow, India.
• Applications need to be sent by speed post / registered post only. The envelope must be superscribed ‘Application for faculty position’ and addressed
To the Executive Registrar,
Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences,
Raebareli Road, Lucknow 226014, India. Applications by hand will not be entertained. If the last date of submission of application is a holiday, the application will be accepted till 5 PM on the next working day.
Important Dates :
i.The deadline for submission of the completed applications is 31st March, 2016
ii.For applicants in India and 20th April 2016 for overseas candidates.
click above to download
vacancy details & application form