Application Date: 30/04/2019 to 31/05/2019
Skill Development Program(SDP)
Advanced course on Electron Microscopy
CSIR-CDRI Skill Development Program
Course Schedule: 03/06/2019 to 12/07/2019
This course aims at generating trained human resources ready for employment in industry and academia. It will provide a unique opportunity for skill development and provide a basis for planning future studies in cell biology involving these techniques. The course will improve their job prospects as there is limited expertise available in India while there is a great demand for trained manpower in these areas. Trained candidates will also have an edge while applying for positions in cell biology labs in various research institutes requiring practical experience in these techniques. Candidates may find suitable positions such as Scientists, Technicians, Research assistants, etc in research/diagnostic laboratories and applications/marketing positions in various companies, etc. This training at state-of-the-art facilities will equip candidates to apply for these positions with the requisite theoretical and practical knowledge and experience.
Duration: 6 Weeks
No of Seats: 10
Essential Qualification: B.Sc./B.V.Sc./B.TEch/B.Pharm./M.Sc./M.Tech./M.Pharm./M.V.Sc./ Ph.D.
- How to work in the electron microscopy laboratory, safety procedures, maintenance of EMs and ancillary equipment, handling of toxic reagents
- Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM): principles, magnification and resolution, aspects of image formation, components of TEM, physical basis of contrast; Applications of TEM in biology.
- Biological specimen preparation for TEM: Preparation of coated grids, Negative staining and Embedding techniques (adherent/suspension cells, tissues)
- Visualizing nanostructures; Characterization of viruses and virus like particles by TEM for optimization of vaccines and diagnostic virology
- Obtaining thin sections using ultramicrotomy, contrasting of thin sections
- Basic TEM operation/handling, alignments, aberration corrections, and imaging; Visualizing and understanding cellular ultrastructure
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM): principles of SEM, applications in biology and medicine, components of SEM
- Specimen preparation methods for SEM (powder specimens, adherent/suspension cells, tissues, etc.), critical point drying, sputter coating
- Using various specimen preparation equipments like sputter coater, critical point dryer, high vacuum evaporator, ultramicrotome
- Characterization of drug formulations and nano delivery systems using EM
- Basic SEM operation/handling, astigmatism correction, optimizing parameters for imaging depending on type of specimenand imaging
- Basic principles of CryoEM
- Discussion and troubleshooting
CSIR- Central Drug Research Institute (CSIR-CDRI), a premier drug research institute of India was inaugurated on 17th Feb 1951 by the then Prime Minister of India Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru with a vision to strengthen and advance the field of drug research and development in the country. The Institute has made significant accomplishments in the pursuit of its mission to New Drugs & Technologies for affordable healthcare for all, generation of knowledge base and nurturing future leaders for healthcare sector. Today, it has become a unique model for modernized drug research in India – having everything under one roof, from synthesis, screening, development studies, process up-scaling to clinical studies. Unique achievements of the Institute includes discovery and development of 12 new drugs, of which, Arteether (Brand Name: E-mal), BESEB (Brand Name: Memory Sure), Centchroman (Brand Name: Saheli) are currently in market; transferred more than 130 indigenous technologies to the pharmaceutical companies, a significant contribution in the metamorphosis of the Indian Pharma Industry. So far, more than 10,000 research articles have been published by the Institute in peer reviewed journals. Obtained m ore than 350 Indian patents and 90 international patents; and produced more than 1000 Ph.D’s. Several of its Alumni have occupied highest positions in national and international academic institutions, biotech and pharma industries.
Information and instructions for filling the application form
The courses will be conducted at Central Drug Research Institute, located at Sector 10, Janakipuram Extension Sitapur Road Lucknow-226031 (U.P.). Candidate has to apply online; only in special cases offline applications will be accepted. Basic qualification and eligibility criteria for each course are given in certificate courses details (on the website).Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Instructions for ONLINE application form:
1. To fill online application click here Sdpmerged.pdf
2. Please upload photo and a statement of purpose along with updated Curriculum Vitae.
3. Self attested copy of final mark sheet of the qualifying degree MUST be uploaded.
4. Students awaiting results MUST submit certificate from the college in the prescribed format (Annexure I).
5. In case the candidate is already employed in that case he has to submit an undertaking (Annexure II).
6. Application submission does not guarantee for the admission, the decision of the selection committee shall be final.
7. Course fees can be paid through Demand Draft in favour of “Director, CSIR-CDRI”, payable at Lucknow or through Challan form (Annexure III).
8. Desired documents and demand draft have to be posted at address given below.
9. After receiving the documents acceptance will be sent through our official email firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Please provide a valid email address in application form. CSIR-CDRI shall not be responsible for the failure due to the invalid email IDs provided by the candidate.
11. The fee is not refundable; however in case candidate is unable to join due to some genuine reason they will be given opportunity to join the course in the next batch.
12. While joining, candidates have to bring two Passport size photographs, final year mark sheet.
13. It is mandatory for participants to complete the course, both in terms of residency period and grades to earn a certificate.
14. Anyone having difficulty to fill online application may approach undersigned to complete offline application.
15. For offline applications please mention on top of the envelope “Application for Skill Development Program – “name/code of course” “Year”)
16. For any queries, please write to email@example.com or may contact
Mr. Susheel Lohani Mo: 7523835870
Ms. Savita Tripathi Mo: 08840652817
Skill Development Programme
CSIR-Central Drug Research Institute
Sec-10, Jankipuram Extension, Sitapur Road
Lucknow 226031 (Uttar Pradesh)
E-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact No: 0522 – 2772471
click above to download
the employment notification
Incoming search terms:
- cdri advance training