At the behest of his father, in 1971, Dr. Reddy left behind a flourishing practice in Boston and returned to India. On his return he found the medical landscape in the country plagued by gaps in infrastructure, delivery and affordability. Things took a turn for the worse when he lost a young patient who just did not have the means to go abroad for treatment. The incident marked a cross road in Dr. Reddy’s life and steeled his determination to get quality healthcare to India. He set the blueprint to build India’s first multi-specialty private sector hospital.
Undaunted and unfazed by the obstacles faced, Apollo Hospitals opened its doors in 1983 and ever since nurtured a goal which read as “Our mission is to bring healthcare of international standards within the reach of every individual. We are committed to the achievement and maintenance of excellence in education, research and healthcare for the benefit of humanity”.
Designation: Pharmacist / Sr. Pharmacist
Job Location: Hyderabad/ Bangalore/Chennai / Delhi
Education : B.Pharm or D.Pharm
Experience: : Fresh or with 1 or 2 years experience in the related field
Skills : Good knowledge in drugs, good communication skill, customer relationship
The Pharmacist / Sr. Pharmacist is responsible for the following:
- Dispensing the drugs as per prescription / Indents
- Raising the Pharmacy Requisition slips as per requirements
- Receive the stock from Stores and check against the Issue Slips, for quantity, batch no, expiry etc.
- Doing physical verification of stocks with computer data daily
- Taking the stock of short-expiry medicines once a month
- Taking the stock of non-moving medicines once in 6 months
- Building customer relationship for effective service towards total patient care
- OP Pharmacy
- Receive the prescriptions from the patients/customers.
- Go through the prescriptions carefully.
- If in doubt, check with the referral doctor.
- If the prescribed drug is not available, arrange for the same through stores / distributors. If any particular brand is not available inform the doctor about the substitute and get the consent for the same.
- In case of narcotic drugs, ensure that the prescription is duly signed by the referral doctor with registration number rubber stamped, and is current dated.
- Clarify the quantity required and the dosage with the patients.
- Prepare the bill for the quantity required and inform the patient / customer about the bill amount.
- Generate the bill in duplicate.
- Take the medicines from the respective racks in accordance with the bill and the doctor’s prescription.
- Check the medicines physically for batch no, expiry, quantity with the bill and prescription and approved by the pharmacist.
- Pack the medicines along with the prescription and the original bill. If patient prefers, counseling on dosage and regimen. IP / CCU & OT Pharmacies
- Receive the indents / PMR ( manual) from the wards / OT online.
- If there are any doubts in the indents / PMR, check with the Nurse/Doctor
- Picking the medicines from respective racks as per Indents / PMR
- Cross checking the medicines with the indent / PMR and bill for batch, expiry and quantity.
- Pack the medicine and issue to dispatch section / to OT
- Online/ Manual return medicine slips are checked with the physical stock received and accounted in the patient bill.
to apply to Apollo Pharmacy