West Bengal Health Recruitment Board
BENFISH TOWER ( 1st & 2nd Floor)
GN 31, Sector-V, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700091
Recruitment to the post of General duty Medical Officer:
Online applications are invited from Indian Citizen and such other national as declared eligible by Government of India forrecruitment to the post of General duty Medical Officer in the Cadre of the West Bengal Health Service ( Basic Grade) under Health & Family Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal.
Name of Post:General Duty Medical Officer
Scale of Pay: Rs. 15600/- Rs. 42000/-[ PB 4A , Grade Pay – Rs. 5400/- ]. NPP & other allowances will also be admissible as per Government order in force.
No of vacancy:3135
A. Essential :
- Medical qualifications included in the First or Second Schedule or Part-II of the Third Schedule of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 and
- Registration as Medical Practitioner in West Bengal.
- One Year’s practical training as House Staff in any Govt. Hospital or other recognized Institution.
- Not more than 32 Years as on 1st. January, 2015. Age is relaxable to those who served on contractual basis under Government of West Bengal, to an extent equivalent to the period of such full time contractual engagement, subject to amaximum of three years
- Age is also relaxable by 5 years for SC and ST candidates of West Bengal, by 3 years for OBC candidates of West Bengal and up to 45 years of age for persons having physical disabilities for 40% and above.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India or such a person of other nationality as declared eligible by Government of India. He/ She should have the ability to read, write and speak in Bengali (not required in the case of Nepali speaking candidates of the three Hills sub-division of Darjeeling District- viz. Darjeeling sadar, Kalingpong & Kurseong).
- Age – As recorded in Madhyamik or equivalent certificate will only be acceptable;
- The claim of candidates for relaxation of age as a contractual Govt. employee should be proved by a
- certificate from the appointing authority showing the period of his/ her continuous service under
- Government of West Bengal and the same should be furnished when called for;
- Fee : Candidates must submit the application fee amounting to Rs. 210/- (Rupees two hundred ten only) through Bank Counter in any branch of Banks participating in the GRIPS ( Govt. Receipt Portal System ), Govt. of West Bengal through duplicate challan, as generated after filling up the online application Form. Govt. Receipt Head of Account is ‘ 0051-00-104-002-16’.
- It may please be noted that after payment to Bank, Candidates have to log in to the website with the log in ID & Password, already provided to them after registration through SMS/ Email for payment verification and filling up rest portion of the application form.
- Money order, Cheque, Bank Draft, Cash etc. will not be acceptable.
- No application will be considered unless accompanied with the requisite application fee excepting Candidates belonging to SC/ST category of West Bengal and persons with disabilities specified under disabilities rule, 1999 (certificates obtained before the Advertisement date) who do not require to pay any fee. Such exemption of fee is, however, not applicable to any OBC (category A or B) candidate.
- No claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be held in reserved for any other examination.
- Application shall be made in the format, as available, in the West Bengal Health Recruitment Board Website (Application received after the closing date shall be rejected.www.wbhrb.in)
- Application received after the closing date shall be rejected
- Candidates should take particular note that entries in their application submitted to the Board must be made correctly against all the items which will be treated as final and no alteration and addition in this regard will be entertained after full submission of the application. Application not duly filled in or found incomplete or defective in any respect or without fee will be liable to rejection.
- Candidates must fulfill the essential qualification by the closing date.
Particulars and Certificates required:
- (a) A candidate claiming to be S.C./S.T./B.C. must have a certificate in support of his/her claim from a competent authority of West Bengal as specified below [vide the West Bengal SCs and STs (Identification) Act, 1994 and SCs /STs Welfare Department order No. 261-TW/EC/MR-103/94 dated 06.04.1995 read with B.C.W. Deptt. Order No. 6320-BCH/MR-84/10 dated 24.09.2010]:
- (b) Persons with Disabilities (Physically handicapped) [ 40% and above ] must have a certificate from an appropriate Medical Board [vide West Bengal Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Rules, 1999]
- (c) The West Bengal Health Recruitment Board (WBHRB), may require such further proof or particulars from the candidates as it may consider necessary and may make enquiries regarding eligibility
A candidate should note that his/ her admission to the Examination/ Interview will be deemed provisional subject to determination of his/ her eligibility in all respects. If at any stage even after issue of the letter of appointment a candidate is found ineligible for admission to this Examination, his/ her candidature will be cancelled without further reference to him/ her.
Click Above to
Apply to West Bengal Health Recruitment Board