Job Title: Quality Control Chemist
Location :Middleburgh, NY
At Dr. Reddy’s, a global pharmaceutical company, you will contribute to making the breakthroughs of tomorrow a reality today! From making medicines more affordable to discovering innovative treatment options to satisfy unmet medical needs, we are dedicated to helping people lead longer and healthier lives. We are seeking dynamic and energetic individuals ready to inspire, ready to make a difference for their community and every community.
Sets up and operates more complex laboratory equipment (HPLC and GC) inclusive of any computerized software required for the operation of the equipment or analysis of results. Makes recommendations with respect to the cause and resolution of equipment issues or malfunctions.
Conducts investigations of laboratory incidents and the investigation of out-of-specification and out-of-trend results. Demonstrates an understanding of the factors impacting analytical test results and makes recommendations with respect to root cause, corrective action and actions to prevent recurrence (i.e. CAPA) inclusive of changes to methods and procedures. May act as a second chemist where additional testing is used as part of the investigation process. Documents investigations in a clear, accurate and concise fashion.
With the approval of area management mentors Technicians and other Chemists and identifies opportunities to improve knowledge or technique.
- Reviews the work of Technicians and other Chemists for compliance, accuracy and completeness.
- Performs routine maintenance activities in the laboratory and participates in the qualification and periodic calibration of equipment.
- Participates in method development, transfer, and validation studies and in other laboratory testing to support compliance (e.g. testing of product validation samples).
- Follows safe work practices to avoid injury to self and others. Councils other staff when unsafe practices are observed and makes recommendation to improve laboratory practices in this area.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry. Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience testing pharmaceutical products in a CGMP regulated QC laboratory is desirable. Experience in chemical analysis of other materials may be considered if applicable.
- Thorough understanding of the requirements of the USP and cGMP requirements as applied to the testing of pharmaceuticals.
- Ability to read and comprehend methods and other instructional documents such as SOPs.
- Attention to detail and the ability to perform and document work in an accurate and repeatable fashion.
- Good interpersonal skills that support working in a team environment.
- Able to work flexible shifts; two weeks on 1st Shift (7:00 am to 3:30 pm) and two weeks on 2nd Shift (11:30 am to 8:00 pm) each month.
- We are a corporate office and not a doctor’s office. Unsolicited resumes sent to our office will not be considered for any open positions. Only interested parties that apply through our Career website will be considered for positions within Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, Inc.**
- Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Please Note: Unless an order has been placed with your agency for this role, we will not accept any calls or other inquiries from recruiters for this position. If a candidate is submitted despite this, we are not bound by any agreement terms and can hire the person as we see fit.
Click above to Download
click above to load
Online Application Form