Apollo Hospitals Enterprises Ltd,
No.96, Rabiammal Ahamed Maidden Building,
2nd Floor, Greams Road,
Next to Canara Bank,
Chennai: 600 006,
Designation: Pharmacist / Sr. Pharmacist
Job Location: Hyderabad/ Bangalore/Chennai / Delhi
Education : B.Pharm or D.Pharm
Experience: Fresh or with 1 or 2 years experience in the related field
Skills : Good knowledge in drugs, good communication skill, customer relationship
The Pharmacist / Sr. Pharmacist is responsible for the following:
• Dispensing the drugs as per prescription / Indents
• Raising the Pharmacy Requisition slips as per requirements
• Receive the stock from Stores and check against the Issue Slips, for quantity, batch
no, expiry etc.
• Doing physical verification of stocks with computer data daily
• Taking the stock of short-expiry medicines once a month
• Taking the stock of non-moving medicines once in 6 months
• Building customer relationship for effective service towards total patient care
• Receive the prescriptions from the patients/customers.
• Go through the prescriptions carefully.
• If in doubt, check with the referral doctor.
• If the prescribed drug is not available, arrange for the same through stores /
distributors. If any particular brand is not available inform the doctor about the
substitute and get the consent for the same.
• In case of narcotic drugs, ensure that the prescription is duly signed by the referral
doctor with registration number rubber stamped, and is current dated.
• Clarify the quantity required and the dosage with the patients.
• Prepare the bill for the quantity required and inform the patient / customer about the
• Generate the bill in duplicate.
• Take the medicines from the respective racks in accordance with the bill and the
• Check the medicines physically for batch no, expiry, quantity with the bill and
prescription and approved by the pharmacist.
• Pack the medicines along with the prescription and the original bill. If patient prefers,
counseling on dosage and regimen.
IP / CCU & OT Pharmacies
• Receive the indents / PMR ( manual) from the wards / OT online.
• If there are any doubts in the indents / PMR, check with the Nurse/Doctor
• Picking the medicines from respective racks as per Indents / PMR
• Cross checking the medicines with the indent / PMR and bill for batch, expiry and quantity.
• Pack the medicine and issue to dispatch section / to OT
• Online/ Manual return medicine slips are checked with the physical stock
received and accounted in the patient bill.
Click above to
apply to apollo pharmacy