Digital Marketing Manager-1500000DDZ
Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150 countries and employs approximately 73,000 people.
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
ABBOTT INFORMATIC SYSTEMS/STARLIMS
Based in Hollywood, Florida, Abbott Informatics, aka STARLIMS, is a leading provider of laboratory information management systems, with more than 27 years of LIMS experience. Abbott Informatics (AI) products help improve the reliability of laboratory sampling processes, support compliance with domestic and international regulations and industry standards, and provide comprehensive reporting, monitoring and analysis capabilities. STARLIMS software is used for quality assurance and control, testing and monitoring, and research and development in government, manufacturing and life sciences organizations. With 12 development and support centers across the globe, AI serves customers in more than 40 countries.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Manager of Digital Marketing & Communications is responsible for defining the tactical implementation plans to activate AI’s digital marketing programs. This individual will maintain a broad understanding of this business’ capabilities and technologies in digital marketing; as well as the latest trends in emerging media and digital channels. This leader will partner with cross-divisional marketing services organizations and key agency relationships to ensure the objectives of AI’s digital marketing programs are being met.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following are some of the key responsibilities:
· This global contributor will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system. He/She will also create global demand for his/her product in a customer-centric manner (exemplified by high satisfaction of needs; and therefore appropriately differentiated and adding value) by developing and overseeing execution of the marketing plan. This includes definition of and segmentation of the market; targeting and positioning; and all aspects of the marketing mix (product; place/distribution; price; and integrated marketing/promotion).
- Lead the development of digital marketing strategies to support AI’s business via the Internet; extranet; and internet through:
- The development of cross-division; cross-site marketing features and functions
- Identifying opportunities to expand marketing innovation and to effectively leverage existing capabilities across divisions
- Monitoring consumer behavior and conduct marketing research to yield actionable insights to help shape strategy and direction
- Developing and managing SEO programs with a focus on defining and improving the total value of the Abbott online portfolio
- Managing the execution of short and long term objectives and tactical plans for marketing Abbott Informatics and cross division programs
- Managing the implementation of multi-channel programs
ACCOUNTABILITY & SCOPE:
Reporting to the Global Director of Marketing of AI, our Manager of Digital Marketing will be responsible for achievement of the goals and objectives of Global Marketing. Performance will be monitored versus the annual marketing plan, and execution against the action items and financial objectives. Must ensure compliance with the Quality System, and all Ethics/Compliance guidelines, and must work within budget guidelines.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant marketing experience
- Job requires substantial financial skills, market analysis and advanced communication skills
- Knowledge/ability to develop and execute a “new” product launch
- Requires strong analytical skills as well as written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to understand technical and scientific information
- Must be willing to understand and comply with Regulatory requirements
- Must be able to influence and motivate individuals from sales, marketing, and other functional areas to drive product sales
- Must be able to complete multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines
- Manage agencies to turn insights into qualified communication tools holistically across Print, Broadband, iMedia, Tradeshows, etc.
- Navigate matrix organizations to unite different functions around big brand-building campaigns.
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree in business, life sciences, engineering or related technical discipline is required
Advanced degrees such as MBA or Master’s Degree highly desirable
Significant Work Activities and Conditions Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Classification: Experienced
Primary Location: USA-Florida-Hollywood
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
to apply to Abbott