Advertisement for Junior Research Fellow under “DBT” Project
Institute of Nano Science and Technology
Habitat Centre, Sector-64
Phase-X, Mohali-160062, Punjab
Applications are invited from highly motivated and bright candidates for the position of Junior Research Fellow in the following research project funded by DBT, Government of India, under the
supervision of Prof. Deepa Ghosh, Principal Investigator, at Institute of Nano Science and Technology, Mohali.
Title of the Research Project: “Development of advanced third generation matrix associated chondrocytes for cartilage repair”
Name of the position available: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Number of positions available: One
- Masters in Chemistry/Biochemistry/Biophysics /Biotechnology/Pharmacy.
- Qualified any one of the following: CSIR/UGC National Eligibility test or LS Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) Joint Admission Test (JAM) Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) ICMR-JRF/ICAR-AICE/JEST/JGEEBILS
- Desirable Experience: Research experience in Organic Synthesis/Synthesis of Nanomaterials is preferable.
Age limit: Must not be over 28 years as on 31st October, 2018 which is relaxed up to 5 years for SC/ ST/ PH/ OBC/Women candidates.
Salary: Rs.25000 + 20% HRA
Project duration: 3 years
Brief details of the work to be undertaken: Development of a novel injectable, hydrogel matrix using bottom-up self-assembly of nanofibers. The gel-sol-gel property of the hydrogel would be
further used for cell culture and direct implantation of the cell-hydrogel composite into the damaged cartilage. The work will require synthesis of supramolecular peptide as well as polymer-peptide conjugate hydrogels, assessment of their physical properties including gel-sol-gel formation, stability over long term culture, typical stress-strain behavior, hydrolysis, crosslinking, swelling studies etc. Further biological properties like, bio compatibility, as well as biodegradability of these designed materials will be studied.
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications (for application refer to our website www.inst.ac.in) along with their CV to email@example.com on or before 31st October, 2018. The subject should state “Application for Project JRF”.
General Terms and Conditions:
- The position is purely temporary and on contractual basis, renewable each year subject to satisfactory performance for a maximum of two years. The position is co-terminus with the project.
Candidate selected for this position can also apply for the regular PhD program of INST provided they satisfy eligibility criteria.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to appear for a personal discussion/ interview and no other communications in this regard will be entertained. A hard copy of the application form along with attested photocopies of age proof, certificates, degrees and mark sheets should be presented at the time of the interview.
- The date, time and venue of the interview will be sent through email. No TA/DA is admissible for attending the interview.
Note: Shortlisted candidates residing beyond 500 km from Mohali may appear through Skype for the interview.
Last Date: 31st October, 2018
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form