INSTITUTE OF NANO SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Habitat Centre, Phase-10
Applications are invited from highly motivated and bright candidates holding a PhD degree for the position of Research Associate in the following research project funded by DBT, Government of
India, under the supervision of Prof. Deepa Ghosh, Principal Investigator, at Institute of Nano Science and Technology, Mohali.
Title of the Research Project: “Development of advanced third generation matrix associated chondrocytes for cartilage repair”
Name of the position available: Research Associate (RA)
Number of positions available: One
- The applicants should hold a Ph.D. degree in the area of Science (Chemistry/Biology/Pharmacy/ Nanoscience etc) or should have submitted their PhD thesis in the mentioned field.
Proven research competence in any of the above related areas.
- Should have a very good academic record and have evident capabilities of becoming independent investigators in future.
Desirable Experience: Research experience in Tissue engineering/ Polymer synthesis/Organic Synthesis/Synthesis of Nanomaterials is preferable.
Age limit: 35 years as on 31.10.2018 (relaxation of 5 years for SC/ ST/ PH/ Women and 3 years for OBC category).
Salary: Rs.36000 + 20% HRA
Project duration: 3 years
- Brief details of the work to be undertaken: Development of a novel injectable, hydrogel matrix using bottom-up self-assembly of nanofibers. The gel-sol-gel property of the hydrogel would be
further used for cell culture and direct implantation of the cell-hydrogel composite into the damaged cartilage. The work will require synthesis of supramolecular peptide as well as polymer-peptide conjugate hydrogels, assessment of their physical properties including gel-sol-gel formation, stability over long term culture, typical stress-strain behavior, hydrolysis, crosslinking, swelling studies etc. Further biological properties like, biocompatibility, as well as biodegradability of these designed materials will be studied.
- Interested candidates are requested to send their applications (for application refer to our website www.inst.ac.in) along with their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31st October, 2018. The subject should state “Application for Research Associate”.
General Terms and Conditions:
- The position is purely temporary and on contractual basis, renewable each year subject to satisfactory performance for a maximum of two years. The position is co-terminus with the project.
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to appear for a personal discussion/ interview and no other communications in this regard will be entertained. A hard copy of the application form along with attested photocopies of age proof, certificates, degrees & mark sheets. These documents should be presented at the time of the interview.
- The date, time and venue of the interview will be sent through email. No TA/DA is admissible for attending the interview.
Note: Shortlisted candidates residing beyond 500 km from Mohali may appear through Skype for the interview.
Last Date: 31st October, 2018
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form