Last Date: 15th January, 2019
United States Pharmacopeia
Rockville, Maryland, United States
USP is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, gender identity, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
1.Name of the post- Manager, External Affairs
This is a non- supervisory, professional position responsible for developing, reviewing program management activities in the area of external affairs including government & stake holder relations, communication support, and other relevant activities for USP. The incumbent in this role will be involved in strategic program development and engagement of stakeholders to advance USP’s mission and strategic goals in the region.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Stakeholder & Government Relations:
- Monitor for opportunities to grow USP’s relationship with stakeholders. Develop an engagement plan for key stakeholders and support senior manager in executing the plan and conducting meetings and maintaining the record of relationships.
- Maintain contacts of office bearers & other key personnel of Stakeholder Organizations. Assist the Senior Manager External Affairs to develop and manage work plans related to Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs).
- Work with internal strategic program unit teams (PUTs) to understand their priorities and requirements of stakeholder and communication support.
- Monitor for events of interest for USP and look for opportunities of co-sponsoring the events.
- Follow up with the regulators and other relevant departments in identified states and central government after the meetings to ensure continuous engagement of such organizations with USP at official level.
- Support development of communication programs and campaigns that are strategically aligned to specific business priorities.
- Support execution of communication strategy for the organization
- Work with internal stakeholders to identify and capture new initiatives and announcements
- Support senior manager in working with external PR agency
- Manage and organize content developed by PR agency for leadership blogs, organization’s website, internal mailers, internal and external newsletters, marketing collaterals, company initiatives and business and employee success stories
- Coordinate with the internal design team to request, follow up and deliver collaterals for various projects
- Making monthly and yearly reports on the activities of the department and assist in conducting periodic internal meetings
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Masters in Pharmacy/ Regulatory Affairs or similar Pharmacy background with minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an external affairs function in pharma, medical or health care field is desired. Additional qualifications in public relations/ corporate communications will be an advantage. The candidate should have good written and communication skill in English language.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience of working in international NGOs in pharmaceutical space.
- Knowledge of food and drug regulatory environment in India
- Ability to search and interpret medical and food regulations and policies in India
- Must possess an understanding and knowledge of program management function
- Has experience in external stakeholder relations.
- Has ability to develop presentations for relevant forums.
- Need to possess strong interpersonal skills
- Operate collaboratively at all levels of the organization in a highly technical environment.
- Has knowledge of using Microsoft office
- Strong written and communication skills for drafting business letters
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience: 3-5 years
- Qualification: M.Sc, M.Pharm
- Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Industry Type: Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
- Tracking Code: 1173-679
- Functional Area: External Affairs
- End Date: 15th January, 2019
click above to download
the employment notification