INSTITUTE OF NANO SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Habitat Centre, Phase-10
The Institute of Nano Science and Technology, Mohali (INST-Mohali) has been established by the Government of India as a specialized centre of excellence to promote the growth of R&D in, and exploit the application-potential of, Nano Science and Technology in the country. It is envisaged that INST-Mohali will initially focus on R&D in the areas of nanomaterials, nanometrology, nano-bio pharma, nano-medicine and on nano R&D relevant for food and agriculture. It is also expected to focus on basic research, human resource development and transfer of intellectual knowledge in the area of nanotechnology to industry to exploit its application potential. INST-Mohali invites applications / nominations for the post of Director.
Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST) invites applications for Post-Doctoral Research Fellows. Selected Post-Doctoral Fellows will work in interdisciplinary major projects with faculty of INST. Interested candidates should have strong research interest in Nano Science and Technology (Drug delivery, sensors, energy, agriculture, water purification, scanning probe microscopy, high resolution electron microscopy, smart materials, devices, microfluidics, industrial and societal technologies).
1.Name of the post- POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS
A.) ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
The applicants should
- Either hold a Ph.D. degree in Science/Engineering or should have submitted the PhD thesis in Science/ Engineering.
- Proven research competence in any of the above related areas.
- Should have a very good academic record and have evident capabilities of becoming independent investigators in future.
B. AGE: 35 years as on 01.02.2019 (relaxation of 5 years for SC/ ST/ PH/ Women and 3 years for OBC category).
C.) FELLOWSHIP: The fellowship carries a consolidated monthly stipend of Rs.45,000/- besides a contingency grant of Rs. 40,000/- per annum. Candidates who have submitted the Ph.D. thesis but are yet to be awarded the PhD degree, if selected, will be paid Rs. 25,000/- per month till the award of the degree.
D.) DURATION: 3 years.
E.) MODE OF SELECTION: The candidates will be shortlisted based on their bio data proven evaluation by a shortlisting committee and will be called for interview. Final selection will be on the basis of academic record, research competence and interview. The interview will be held at the INST. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to bring their original certificates (B.Sc., M.Sc., M.Tech, PhD) at the time of the interview. The shortlisted candidates should request three referees to send their confidential evaluation directly to email@example.com.
F.) Application Fees: Rs. 450/- for General/ OBC or Rs. 150/- for SC/ ST/ PH in form of Demand Draft from any nationalized bank drawn in favor of “Institute of Nano Science and Technology, Mohali” (payable at Mohali/ Chandigarh).
H.) Application Procedure:
1. The application form and synopsis for Post-Doctoral Research Fellow can be downloaded from Institute website http://inst.ac.in/careers.php
2.The duly filled APPLICATION FORM and online SYNOPSIS (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScS3zYraE3zkM5wFq12mAw3WqiLqsb4T9lrPjWQ4VYj162Arg/viewform?c=0&w=1 )
should be sent on firstname.lastname@example.org as advance copy. The hard copy of application with the following documents should be sent to “The Director, Institute of Nano Science and Technology, Habitat Centre, Phase – 10, Sector – 64, Mohali, Punjab-160062” so as to reach on or before due date:
(a.) Photograph duly pasted on the application form.
(b.) Application fees.
(c.) Self-Attested copies of Certificate in support of age, educational qualifications (mark sheet & Certificates of class X and above).
(d.) One page Synopsis of Ph.D. Thesis and 3 page write up of research proposed to be taken up.
(e.) Experience certificate in case of working candidate.
(f.) Self-attested a copy in support of SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH category.
3. The envelope containing the application form should superscribe “ Application for the Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship Program – February 2019”.
4. The shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. The list of the shortlisted candidates will be uploaded on the Institute website in the Third week of November 2018 and communication will be sent to candidates on email address given by candidate.
5. The candidates called for interview will be paid sleeper class rail fare or Non-AC Bus Fare (on production of ticket) from place of residence to Institute and back.
6. The application of in-service candidates should be forwarded through their department/ organisation. In case, delay is anticipated, they may send advance application (in hard copy) so as to reach by due date.
7. The candidate are advised to visit the Institute website (www.inst.ac.in) frequently to know latest developments.
G.) Last Date: Applications from eligible candidates should reach the Institute by 26th October 2018. Applications received after this date shall not be entertained.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form