Piramal Enterprises Limited
247 Business Park,
A – Wing, 6th Floor
LBS Marg, Vikhroli (West)
In the late 1980s, we moved from textile to pharmaceuticals. While others were keen over international generics, we invested in the domestic formulation development business. Our efforts soon bore returns as we have had a track record of approx. 23% revenue CAGR since then. In 2010, it completed sale of its domestic formulations business an unprecedented value of ~9x sales and ~30x EBITDA. In May 2013, Piramal Enterprises Ltd. acquired 10% equity stake in Shriram Transport Finance. Later in April 2014, we acquired 20% equity stake in Shriram Capital Limited, a financial services company and in June 2014, 9.9% stake in Shriram City Union Finance Limited, the retail focused Non-banking Financial Company (NBFC) of the Shriram Group.
Job Title : Associate Director
Business : Piramal Healthcare
Function : R & D – Analytical Development
Location : Ahmedabad, India
Purpose of Job:
- To provide a single point contact for customers in the organization from R&D point of view and to bear the onus of delivery by ensuring co-ordination among departments right from the proposal to the project finish. (Route scouting projects).
Role directly reports to
- Functionally – Global R&D Head
- Administratively – Site Head
- PhD (Organic Chemistry)
- 13 – 15 years. CRO experience is desirable.
- To deliver chemistry projects in the area of Medicinal chemistry support program and discovery collaboration. Very Good understanding of chemistry service business. Lead a team of 18-36 Scientists effectively and productively.
- As a leader of the scientific management team, he will demonstrate leadership and mentorship on scientific issues and act as an internal expert for Medicinal chemistry discovery services.
- Display expertise in all aspects of modern and classical synthetic organic chemistry, must be able to solve complex chemistry problems when arise.
- Provide expert advice to Business Development colleagues to evaluate new projects and demonstrate scientific leadership and competency to prospective clients to help secure business deals.
- Understand client’s project requirement and formulate scientifically sound project proposal acceptable to client and execute it.
- Should have diverse chemistry competency so that he can act as project manager for many kind of projects.
- Should understand big picture project scope and advise business development colleagues about new business opportunity.
- Understand client requirement and expectation. Add scientific value and strive all time to exceed expectation.
- Science driven efficiency and high level of operational excellence to reduce project timeline and cost.
- Ensure required productivity of the chemistry project as per client expectation.
- Computer literacy in the form of MS-office, on-line computer searching, scientific database usage and the like is required.
- Remain current in the appropriate scientific literature by appropriately reading the scientific and patent literature and pointing out relevant literature to others.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal and written form on research results, issues and plans to client. Maintaining real-time communication with client. This will involve close interactions with customers.
- Good understanding of safety requirement related to chemistry operation and ability to demonstrate good safety practices in a chemistry operation.
- Work with cross-functional teams to improve site’s operational efficiency.
- Observe company’s business space and propose new and/or value added services to maximize revenue.Experience in CRO is desirable
Click Above to
Apply to Piramal Enterprises Limited