Last Date: 15th March, 2019
National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute
National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI), Mohali, Punjab is an autonomous R&D Institute under the aegis of Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India. The institutional campus has been established on 35 acres of land in the Knowledge City, Sector-81, Mohali, (Punjab)-140306. The institute has mandate to strengthen research at the interface of Agricultural, Food processing and Nutritional sciences biotechnology.
1.Name of the post- Senior Technical Assistant
No of post- 06
The Senior Technical Assistant will be responsible for testing of samples, maintaining (basic troubleshooting) and keeping analytical instruments/ Instruments related to Agri-Biotechnology & Food and Nutrition in satisfactory working mode.
Essential Qualification and Eligibility Criteria
Direct Recruitment BVSc/ B.Tech/ B.Pharma/ MSc in Biotechnology/ Food and Nutritional Sciences/ Technology/Instrumentation/ Agricultural Biotechnology or equivalent qualification with two years relevant experience.
- The selected candidate will be paid initial pay with other allowances apply as per Central Govt. Rules/ Bye laws and Recruitment rules of NABI. Candidates working in Government Ministries / Departments / Organizations / PSUs / Autonomous bodies / Universities / Research Organizations should apply through proper channel along with ACRs and Vigilance / Cadre Clearance for consideration. The benefit of pay protection will be given to selected candidate from Government Ministries/ Departments/Organizations/PSUs/Autonomous bodies/ Universities/Central & State Research Organizations.
- Appointment will be on direct selection or deputation basis (If applicable).
- The qualifications prescribed should have been obtained through recognized Board/ Universities/ Institutions.
- Applications received without prescribed fees will be summarily rejected.
- Age and experience will be reckoned as on the last date of receipt of application form i.e 15th March, 2019.
- Upper age limit shall not applicable for existing employees of the institute or any employee of Department of Biotechnology (GOI).
- The period of experience in the discipline/ area of work, where prescribed, shall be counted after the date of acquiring the minimum prescribed educational qualifications for the Group/ Grade. (Attested experience certificate should be enclosed)
- Mere fulfillment of educational qualifications and experience does not entitle a candidate to be called for screening test/ written test/ skill test/ interview. The duly constituted Screening Committee will adopt its criteria for short-listing the candidates. The candidates should therefore, mention in the application all the qualifications and experience in the relevant area over and above the minimum prescribed qualification.
- The maximum age shall be determined as on the last date of receipt of applications i.e. 15th March, 2019 and is relaxable for SC/ST (5-years)/OBC (3-years)/PH/Ex-servicemen and certain other categories as per GOI instructions. Attested copy of Caste/Tribe/Class certificate issued by designated authority as prescribed by Govt. of India should be enclosed with the application.
- The Institute shall not be responsible for any postal delay.
- Candidates will be governed by New Pension Scheme of Central Government effective from 01-01-2004.
- As per instructions of Govt. of India, there will be no interview for the Group C and Group B (Non-Gazetted) posts. However, the candidates will be required to appear in Screening Test and or Written Test and or Skill Test as per schedule to be notified later. 13. Incomplete/ Ineligible/Unsigned applications will be deemed invalid and rejected without any intimation.
- Interim enquiries would not be entertained.
- Outstation candidates called for interview will be paid to and fro second class railway fare, as per Government rules on presentation of the ticket.
- The period of deputation shall ordinarily be three years which may be extended upto a maximum period of five years with the approval of the Competent Authority. The total period of deputation including the period of deputation in another ex -cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same organization / department shall not exceed five years.
- The candidates appointed on deputation shall not have any claim for absorption/promotion during the period of deputation against ex-cadre post.
- Only Indian Citizens are eligible to apply for the above posts.
- Application fee Structure would be as under:- General Candidates: Rs.236/- (Including GST) SC/ST/OBC/Women Candidates: Rs 118/- (Including GST)
click above to download
the employment notification