Orchid Pharma Ltd
#313, Valluvar Kottam High Road
Chennai-600034, Tamil Nadu, India
Established in 1992 as an export-oriented unit (EOU), Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (Orchid) is a vertically integrated company spanning the entire pharmaceutical value chain from discovery to delivery with established credentials in research, manufacturing and marketing. We today rank among the top 15 pharmaceutical companies in India and enjoy a multi-therapeutic presence across segments like anti-infectives, anti-inflammatory, central nervous system (CNS), cardio vascular segment (CVS), nutraceuticals and other oral and sterile products. Our pharmaceutical solutions include active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), finished dosage forms, new drug discovery (NDD), novel drug delivery systems (NDDS) and contract research and manufacturing services (CRAMS). We are globally present across 70+ countries through alliances, joint ventures and partnerships with globally reputed majors.
Our integrated business model enables us to cater to business opportunities throughout the value chain, from research to delivery of drugs across therapeutic segments. Our niche product basket helps us maintain an edge over our peers in the markets where we are present. In the years to come, driven by a highly competent and motivated team, we will move from strength to strength in the key domains of API, global generics and drug discovery.
- Apart from providing quality and affordable generic drugs to the global healthcare system, focus on R&D is a key value driver at Orchid. We recognise the importance of developing knowledge-intensive businesses as drivers of future growth. Orchid is a partner of choice to select global pharma companies in the areas of new chemical entity (NCE) development, novel drug delivery systems (NDDS) development, custom synthesis and R&D services. Our R&D Centres located in Chennai are GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) certified and equipped with sophisticated analytical and chemical laboratory equipment, supported by a good technical infrastructure for discovering and developing new drugs.
- Our scientific personnel comprise of over 600 scientists across the entire spectrum of R&D and analytical research, working in various areas of drug discovery and development in addition to CMC (chemistry, manufacturing and controls), pharma research and other related processes and pharma research activities. Our people strive to create clinically differentiated drugs and diagnostics to help people live longer and healthier. To drive a stronger focus in the discovery and development area, we have developed a proprietary product pipeline and collaborated with multinational companies for discovery of new chemical entities to undertake co-discovery and/or co-development projects, as well as provide custom research services.
Irungattukottai, Chennai – Oral Formulations (Generics)
- Our modern oral formulations manufacturing facility at Irungattukottai (IKKT), near Chennai has modern infrastructure geared to offer high throughput. Coupled with world-class R&D labs, this formulations infrastructure is in the forefront of our successful entry into the advanced markets of US and Europe. With a vast site area, our oral formulations facility manufactures various types of dosage forms such as oral tablets and capsules in diverse dosage strengths and product categories.
- The facility has been inspected and approved by leading regulatory agencies including the US FDA, UK MHRA, MCC (South Africa) and Danish Medicines Agency, based on specific filings. Several ANDAs (abbreviated new drug applications) have been filed from this complex with approvals and new launches underway.
- The formulations facility also houses a modern R&D centre for pharmaceuticals research.
Speech delivered by the Chairman at the 23rd Annual General Meeting –September 28,2016
Very Good Morning to you all.
- It is a great honour and privilege for me to address all of you on behalf of the Board of Directors and I welcome all the shareholders to 23rd AGM of your company. Your presence in this important meeting is the testimony of your strong support and faith in us and provides us great strength to sustain ourselves in these difficult times.
- The Annual Report for the year ended 31st March, 2016 along with AGM Notice and Audited Annual Accounts of the company have been circulated to you. With your kind permission, I take it as read.
- In 2015, the global economic activity was subdued. Growth in emerging markets and developing economies declined for the fifth consecutive year. Also, the Global trade flows have slowed significantly in recent months. Due to this effect the total volume of imports and exports are projected to grow by less than 3%, which is considered to be the lowest rate since the Great Depression in 1930’s.
- The Orchid media centre provides you with a comprehensive, up-to-date information on the company; we’ve put together some pages that will give you information on our press releases, television interviews, photographs and the news & happenings at Orchid.
- In addition, members of the media can subscribe to services and contact the Orchid Corporate Communications team. We invite you to browse through and share your comments, experiences and suggestions with us.
Spirit of Orchid!
- At Orchid, human resources are our most valuable asset. We take an entrepreneurial approach that urges high performance standards from our employees through collaborative management. Over the years, our research products and initiatives have touched generations of people in India and abroad. We started commercial operations in 1994 and today we have reached a stage, which facilitates enhanced value creation. The company as a whole represents a synergy of active talent at work, in generating remarkable performance with a single-minded commitment to produce extraordinary results and achieve the highest standards of quality in all spheres.
- Experts say ‘quite an achievement’, but we differ. We call it the ‘Orchidian spirit’ – the spirit that inspires 4000 plus people to challenge conventions, break with the past, work better, try harder and grow bigger. At Orchid, no matter what the odds, we believe in the dictum: tough times don’t last, tough people do. In short, make a difference each day to the life we lead, the organisation we work for, the nation we are proud of and the planet we live in.
Partnering for Success:
- We have a long tradition of successful collaborations. Our approach to partnerships has been path-breaking and successful in the Indian pharmaceutical industry in terms of product and market coverage and leveraging each other’s partnership strengths. They are an essential and integral part of our research and business strategy. Every day, we commit ourselves to aligning our capabilities with business opportunities and everything we do is based on being easy to work with to ensure mutual success. We continuously engage in new projects to aid technology development, development of new molecules, chemical process enhancement and innovative drug delivery systems development.
- Over the years, Orchid has emerged as a full-fledged pharmaceutical corporation with end-to-end connectivity from discovery to delivery. Each alliance we build is based on a shared vision with well-defined goals and objectives. We have the ability to leverage and represent our entire portfolio of products and services based on their core competencies, partner great models, build and sustain operations. By pooling the talents of our science and business teams, we have engaged in numerous collaborations with a range of companies and research institutions. We look to build upon our existing strengths as well as to create new areas of expertise.
- We are thus ideally positioned to be a partner of choice for global discovery and manufacturing outsourcing in the future.
Krebs Biochemicals & Industries Limited
click above to visit
this company/ organization
Incoming search terms:
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1823 EWQDyFZu-RjFfPnl8SnK8WuyhHq-rvMIw7wcseizjPJqEywlcGEsUZRVT-Jj0O-4 ce09c209ac4d83a6c2f772e7a4cf83155d57331a&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme