Morepen Laboratories Ltd.
409, Antriksh Bhawan
22 Kasturba Gandhi Marg
Some things will always remain unfettered. Like sunshine and air, like suffering and joy, like sharing and caring. Some things will never recognize the confines of space and time. Like human endeavour and enterprise, like the desire to touch life. At Morepen, we are taking our expertise and experience in Wellness to new countries and new people with an increasing focus on global exports. And in doing so, our spirit of caring is crossing boundaries. Some things will always remain unfettered. Like sunshine and air, like suffering and joy, like sharing and caring. Some things will never recognize the confines of space and time. Like human endeavour and enterprise, like the desire to touch life. At Morepen, we are taking our expertise and experience in Wellness to new countries and new people with an increasing focus on global exports. And in doing so, our spirit of caring is crossing boundaries. Morepen’s state-of-art manufacturing facility in the picturesque environs of Baddi comprises a scientifically integrated complex of 10 plants, each with a specific product profile. The company’s extensive R&D facilities and factories are manned by a dedicated team of professionals who ensure stringent quality standards. Today Morepen is exporting products to several countries round the global.
The Company commenced the business of bulk drugs etc. and has been carrying on the same since 1985. At the time of commencement of its business, the Company had started as a pure Active Pharma Ingredients (hereinafter referred to as API) player in 1984, moved up the value chain from simple semi – synthetic products to complex multi stage synthesis in a span of 22 years. In 1999 the Company started working on new generation high value molecules and followed strong R&D to develop proprietary patented technology and form. The Company got its facilities approved in accordance with the United States Food and Drugs Authority (USFDA) standards in the year 1999. The Company also built world-class facilities and its assets block grew from US $ 97 to US$ 188 millions during the period 1996-2005. As a part of its API, the Company started working on new generation high value molecules namely Ketrolac, Omeprazole, Cisapride and Loratadine. However out of these molecules only Loratadine, a drug the patent of which was held by Schering Plough, a phrama major of United States of America, could be exploited commercially. Anticipating the expiry of the patent of the US company in 2000, the Petitioner company launched an extensive project for securing USFDA approval for the manufacture of Loratadine. In the year 1999, the company was granted USFDA approval that made the Petitioner Company the youngest Indian Company to have a USFDA approval for its manufacturing facilities.
Environment, Health and Safety Policy:
We, at Morepen Laboratories Ltd. manufacturing bulk drugs & formulations are committed to provide a safe and healthy working environment and continually improve our EHS performance by preventing accidents, occupational illness and reducing occupational Health and Safety risks at work and exposure to hazardous chemicals: conserve the natural resources and prevent pollution to protect the environment.
- Compliance with all applicable Environment, health and Safety (EHS) legislations.
- Prevention of incident, injuries and pollution.
- We are committed to the reduction of generation of solid waste and ensuring its disposal in a safe and environment friendly manner.
- We are committed to continual improvement in areas of EHS.
- We shall give priority and attention to health and safety of our employees.
- Provide necessary information, awareness and training to all employees and contractors to carry out their tasks in a safe and responsive manner.
- Minimizing waste by avoiding leakage / spillage of chemicals and by promoting recovery, recycle and reuse of wastes.
- The company will ensure that adequate welfare facilities are available all the sites applicable to the level of staff on site.
- Assess and eliminate or control the EHS risk of new and existing operations, and continually assess the environmental performance of our products, seeking ways to contribute positively to their performance.
- The company believes that all the employees have individual responsibility of implementing this safety policy both on and off the job.
- The company believes not only in auditing its safety & health programme, but also assisting authorized agencies to do so in the public interest.
- Each site and department will have the policy prominently displayed so as to bring it to the attention of all employees.
The Bulk drug manufacturing facility is situated at Masulkhana, Distt. Solan (Himachal Pradesh) which is about 40 km from Chandigarh.Facilities for manufacturing meets the cGMP standards. This facility is approved by USFDA for manufacturing of Loratadine.
In furtherance to the “Green Initiative” taken by Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India allowing the service of documents in electronic mode through e-mail as per Section 53 of Companies Act, 1956 and in confirmation with the provisions of Information Technology Act, the company hereby request the shareholders to kindly provide your e-mail address as we can serve the documents to you through e-mail fulfilling the dream of Ministry of Corporate Affairs of paperless working and to save the environment by saving the trees.
Krebs Biochemicals & Industries Limited
click above to visit
this company / organization